MCSE Question

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by aao_pwner, Feb 26, 2006.

1. aao_pwner

aao_pwner Bit Poster

Hey,

I'm 14 and looking for somthing to do in the summer. I was planning on taking a 3ds MAX class and studying/getting an A+ and/or MCSE certifications. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions, study tips, or anything that might help me. Also, is there online testing for MCSE, or do i have to do it in person, because i dont like taking tests in a classroom, im much more comfertable at home lol.

Thanks in advance.

2. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

MCSE isn't "something to do in the summer", it will take you alot longer than that.
    the testing is done at a testing center, it's not a classroom, but you can't do it at home.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I'll echo what _omni_ say's, the MCSE is not something that you can do in the summer, It can take years.

You may want to give the A+ a try, but again, depending on your experience and current skill set you may struggle to get it done in the summer holidays.

8)

4. aao_pwner

aao_pwner Bit Poster

I'm watching a VTC on the A+ certification, it almost seems like i know more than this hick lol.

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

hang on a minute here guys! 14!! 14 years old!! Who (apart from Phoenix!! - even him i think) at 14 knew what the heck A+ or MCSE was? Guys come on here! :rolleyes:

Howz it matey! :biggrin aao_pwner first of all what are your pc skills like? Because you so young (and got lots of summers ahead of you!) i think the ECDL could be very good for you... i did mine at 15 (im not that old! :biggrin ) and i knew very little about pcs back then - if you want to have a good read on the A+ -for maybe next summer look at A+ for Dummies - its isnt exactly the greatest a+ book but when you ready and the 'new' a+ book comes out - you can get that one.

Good luck! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi mate, why don't you pop over to our new members forum and introduce yourself. I believe you are our youngest member, beating the 16 year old Samuel by 2 years :D

If you are some kind of born again Phoenix (a member of our site staff), then good luck to you! Still, even for a genius, doing the MCSE in the summer break would be tough. Personally it took me three years and I am no slouch :D

The A+ is possible *if* you already have an above average knowledge of hardware, knowledge of things such as IO addresses, IRQs, bus types, CPUs, memory etc. If you already understand these concepts, then the learning curve won't be so steep and you could do it in that time scale.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. aao_pwner

aao_pwner Bit Poster

I mean the VTM may be outdated, he was saying the only types of expansion slots were PCI, AGP, and ISA. Anyway.

My PC Skill you can call moderate to advanced, or enough to know more than my school's network administrator LoL

I know enough about hardware to probably do 80-90% of the test, without knowing about the really odd things like USB 1.0 operating at 1.5mbps. I'd have to read to know that stuff, i was thinking of taking a computer engineering class if not getting theese certifications. But i think im going to study for MCSE and get my A+ and maby N+ but i doubt it.

LoL that ECDL looks like it's for tards. Sorry. I just kinda looked at their directoryindex page or, what's after that.

Also i run webservers on FreeBSD and RedHat 9 so, im no noobie to unix/linux either. I'm looking to better my self in MCSE because that's more competitive than having linux knowledge and i have no idea why.

I do websites in HTML, CSS, and PHP, I also do C/C++ and am looking to learn assembly somewhere.

To add to your child prodegy statment lol: I am asian and irish so, it's considored 'cheating' LoL. I type 127Words Per miniute with 100% accuracy according to typingtest.com i think, or somthing like that.

Also, im in Vancouver, Washington, USA, not Europe.

I think everything with the words 'Computer' and 'Drivers License' in the same name should be abolished and replaced with years experence of using google and common sence.

8. aao_pwner

aao_pwner Bit Poster

rwar siggy test

9. aao_pwner

aao_pwner Bit Poster

siggy test #2, sorry.

10. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

11. aao_pwner

aao_pwner Bit Poster

lol what are they?

i like this it's what i have on 3dbuzz lol

get on skype...

12. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Follow the link and read them.

Harry (not amused)

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  13. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yeah me too.. btw that sigi might offend some people...

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  14. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Yes think you need to drop the comments in the sig :dry

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  15. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Guy's I think he'll get the message now. :rolleyes:

16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Why then is your post full of spelling mistakes?
    :blink

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  17. aao_pwner

aao_pwner Bit Poster

I suck at spelling lol. I type 100% accuracy, when i know how to spell the words, I can spell them on paper, i just can't type them correctly, EVER lol. You herd me typing.