MCSE or CCNA or RHCE or Solaris, Which is Best?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Arunram, Mar 5, 2009.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

You're not making any sense.

On the one hand you say 'wages are temporary but interests are permanent' - indicating that you are more interested in pursuing a career that interests you than one that will be the most financially rewarding (a smart decision)

On the other, you don't tell us which aspect of IT interests you the most, and state that you want to know which is 'best' and 'make yourself' interested in that.

There's no such thing as 'best' and you can't 'make yourself' interested in something! You should be focussing on a career in the particular aspect of IT that interests you (programming, networking, systems, security, databases etc etc), start looking for jobs in an entry level role (which will likely not involve any of the above to start with - you'll probably be working first line support or in a call centre for a year or so before you get the opportunity to move onto a more demanding role), and study toward your preferred speciality in your spare time or at college.

Asking which certification is 'best' for you is like asking us to tell you what your favourite food is!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. friendsfrnd

friendsfrnd New Member

Dear craigie and dmarsh

I like your both of your signature animation very much,
    am using Aleo and Banner Maker Pro but am not satisfied,

Can you pls. tell me which software did you use to create this signature animation,
    or if you can me the source files of background images and MCSE gif.

Thanks and Best Regards

3. friendsfrnd

friendsfrnd New Member

Dear craigie and dmarsh

I like your signature animation very much,
    am using Aleo and Banner Maker Pro but am not satisfied,

Can you pls. tell me which software did you use to create this signature picture,
    or if you can me the source files of background images and MCSE gif.

Thanks and Best Regards

4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

The reason for certifications is for career enhancement, not really to take interest further.

The materials used for certification can be used for learning and Im not trying to discourage that, but judging by your post really the decision to pursue the material in each area is really down to you, so gaining MCSE,RHCE or CCNA certifications for your own "interests" will be quite expensive.

The only advice really is for you to decide which area you want to learn most and buy some books and leave out the exams until such as time as you decide your commercial experience is up to the levels the vendors require.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal