MCSE offered by computrain

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by sh3l5, Feb 15, 2008.

1. lovejoy

lovejoy New Member

Hi guys,
    My first post here. I had a phonecall from Computrain this afternoon and after finishing the call I decided on Googling the company, and finding this discussion prompted me to join your forum.

I decided a few months ago that I wanted a complete change of career and to get out of the IT industry, or at very least into a completely different role, so I served three months notice and left my job last month, planning on a nice summer break (nice break so far, just not much summer, but not a real problem).

Anyway, the phone rings this afternoon and the conversation goes something like this:
    Caller: Hi Richard, this is Computrain. You wrote to us some time ago, do you remember?
    Me: No, I don't.
    Caller: Ah, you've written to that many people I guess you can't remember.
    Me: Er, no. I have literally only just started looking for work, so I remember who I've written to and it's all been in the last 3 weeks.
    (The alarm bells have already started ringing - this guy is winging it)
    Caller: Well, anyway. Your details have registered as being interesting to us. We basically work as an employment agency...
    (At this point he asks me a few details about what I am looking for, how old I am and where I'd be willing to work, all the normal agency stuff, until...)
    Caller: Do you have any Microsoft qualifications?
    Me: None whatsoever
    Caller: Well, the thing is you see, at least 40% of the employers we work with require MS qualifications. We can provide you with these within 8 months where you can study at home on your own computer. What we do first is to set up a second interview with you which you can do in front of your computer. Is tomorrow OK with you?

Feeling this is all rather upfront, but also being intrigued about what was on offer, I delayed the second interview until next Monday, but it wasn't until I got off the phone that the penny started dropping. At the beginning of the call, I didn't really catch the name of the company and about 20 seconds after the call, a little light went on in my head that said "Hold on, that was one of those IT Training companies that give those hugely misleading adverts that you'll be earning 40K after one of their courses". So that was what lead me here. Notice also, that there was no mention of any fees. Now, I'm not particularly au fait with MCSE, never having given it much consideration before, but the one thing I was aware of was that these courses are by no means free. The spiel I was being given however, seemed to suggest otherwise. I wonder how long it will take them to deliver this information...

Following the call I checked back through my Emails for as far back as I could go and as I suspected, I have made no contact with Computrain whatsoever. My suspicion is that they have pulled my details off Monster (which is the only site I am currently registered on) and hit me with a cold call. I have written to them to ask for details of my contact with them, as per their initial claim. I suspect that I will hear nothing from them regarding this, but I will keep you up to date if you are interested.

Rich

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Yay.
    Someone who came here BEFORE signing up!
    :biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. lovejoy

lovejoy New Member

Yes, and I'm very grateful for the heads up.

Thanks guys.

4. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Pretty funny.

"Boo hooo, I'm working sooooo hard, harder than any of you" (he would know what hard work means if he visited the industry I work in atm)
    "wah wah, look at me, I'm getting offers for £25k a year now that I have my certs" (make that 6 digits and you might get me interested)
    "yakka yakka I got so much experience now" (what, a few months? Some of us have been in the industry for decades).

Kinda sad that some company would result to these lows to try and promote their *cough* scams *cough* and get shot down so beautifully by the other members of this forum.

Overall a refreshing thread to read.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  5. chincha

chincha Bit Poster

Iam really confused with COMPUTRAIN , and i already paid 350£ and they are telling that it is not refundable
    may i know wat should i do now ...
    please suggest me , iam totally pissed off with these people and they say that as i agreed to it i have to pay total fees ..
    the information provided by them was not accurate everytime they come up with new policies and plans just to make u feel that they are doing some favour

6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

dude this isn't the citizens advice bureau.

If you have passed the cooling off period then you will be liable for the full cost of whatever the course was you did with them unless you can prove they have mis-sold you the course. Speak to someone in citizens advice about this.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. chincha

chincha Bit Poster

Thankyou so much
    and am extremely sorry , Iam an international student and i don't know any one here
    so i thought i would use this forum onceagain appologies
    if any one cane help me out i would be very thankful to them
    because i didn't pay the reamaining money..

8. greenbrucelee

speak to trading standards or you local advice center they will be able to inform you of what you should do next.

9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Balls.

Why should they refund anything?

Sorry, I'm getting really p1$$ed off with this.
    It's not your fault - but once again here is someone claiming that they were 'ripped off' without saying why or how, thinks money is going to rain from the sky and then gets mad when it doesn't.

PLEASE tell us what they promised, how they failed to deliver and WHY you think you don't owe them money after you signed a contract.

:rolleyes:

10. greenbrucelee

well said, it is doing my head in too.

11. chincha

chincha Bit Poster

because they didn't provide me the accurate information and it is not that i signed a contract.
    the information they provided was not correct and within no time they asked me to pay regestration fee.
    But yes i agree that i was tempted and paid the fees, iam not expecting my money back i just want to share my experience and it may help someone (atleast someone)
    anyways now i don't want to go with them so i have decided not to pay the money and i didn't start my course yet .... so it is not that i learned course and am not paying the fee
    thanks and please correct me if am on a wrong track

12. chincha

chincha Bit Poster

Iam an international student and i don't have work permit , the lady with whom i spoke told that everything will be arranged by them later when i asked them in more detail they told that i have to contact someone..
    thats the major issue
    initially she said if i pay 350£ i would be getting access to resources and i would be having ample of time to pay the reamining fee later they altered and traped me .

13. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Right, again, you're not answering the question.
    WHAT information was not correct?
    You DID sign a contract.
    What did it say?

Rrrriiiiigggght....

And so you thought that by signing up for an 'educational' contract, that you would get some kind of student visa to stay in this country while having no intention of doing any work or having any interest in IT.

If I had an email address for immigration, I'd forward your post to them.

Sorry.
    NEXT...

:twisted:

14. chincha

chincha Bit Poster

haha it is not that i want to work illegally in UK , if i have that intention why will i tell them am on a student visa.
    i didn't sign a contarct .. if iam not happy with the product and the services i have complete right to withdraw, peace of mind

15. chincha

chincha Bit Poster

and i have visa till may 2010 so iam legally allowed to be in UK.
    it is not that i can extend visa iam looking for a career in IT
    pelase don't misunderstand me

16. chincha

chincha Bit Poster

if they keep on changing the terms and conditions how could it be providing correct information, the payment plans and the course fee for microsoft exam.

17. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

If you didn't sign a contract, why did you pay them any money?

If you didn't sign a contract, what's the problem?
    Why have you come here for help?

:blink

18. chincha

chincha Bit Poster

They said it is a registration fees.
    and i may i know what is signing a contract it goes beyond my head...

19. greenbrucelee

Are you a friend of Kobem?

A contract is a piece of paper that will say you are enrolled on a course and in doing the course you will pay them money for their services.

20. chincha

chincha Bit Poster

sorry sir please don't be angry.
    i didn't sign on any paper.
    and i don't even know what it means by kobem..
    anyways i want to share my experience i am asking each and every one who feels this as crap and sorry to waste your valuable time. i was nervous and dipressed.
    anyways i heard that in UK though it is a contract they will have 14 days of grace period...
    whatever i don't want to waste your time anymore thanks for everyone
    cheers, i wish you have good luck.