1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCSE/MSCA

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by culley, May 22, 2008.

1. culley

culley New Member

Hi,

Having just passed my A+ 725/900 Essentials 810/900 IT Technician i would like to move further along with my training and have decided that i would like to do either MSCE/MSCA but having made inquires into my local collage, (where i did my A+) they don't seem to do it.

Can you make any suggestion on what i should do, i don't mind self-studying and live in Gloucester if there are any test centre around that area so i wouldn't mind travelling places, i did my exam at collage last time.

Cheers for the help

Sam Culley

WIP: A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Do you currently have IT experience? The MCSA is recommended for people who have 6 months experience administering multi-server domain environments... not just 6 months in IT, but 6 months doing that job.

If not, I'd recommend that you pursue the Network+ and MCDST, and no further, until you build some real-world IT experience.

Best of luck! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What he said ^

Having higher end certs and no real life on the job experience can hinder your employment prospects for the reason BM has explained.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Your quickest track to MSCA is now A+, Network+ ,MCDST, 70-621, 70-290, 70-291.

Tick of the A+ from the list since you already on track!

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Is it not, one elective, one client and two core?
    If so, should it not be (A+, Net+)(elective), 70-621 (client), 70-290, 70-291

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yup, you wouldn't need the MCDST & the (A+, N+) either or would be fine.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  7. Chopperchand

Chopperchand Nibble Poster

Hi

The client exam is 70-620 not 70-621 (this is the exam to upgrade you MCDST to Vista).

So

A+ & N+ or MCDST
    70-270 or 70-620
    70-290
    70-291

WIP: MCSA Sql Server 2012
  8. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You are correct... but if you get the MCDST, the 70-621 exam will suffice.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

It's as clear as mud. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada