MCSE course

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by HTF, Jul 18, 2008.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

See my experience a few years back here :

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26659

At the end of the day you have to decide yoruself. I am in no way casting aspersions on these companies, I'm just saying there's a reason to be very careful.

Think about what you are really trying to achive. If you don't have any IT experience then MCSE is really not the way forward. You'd be better off trying to get an entry level job and getting an employer to pay for A+ or something like that.

At worst, if you do go ahead, pay on a credit card to give your self some protection - if you don't have one then get someone else to make the payment for you.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

Can you tell me how did you do MCSE, where did you made course

Certifications: A+
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

The MCSE is broken down into a number of modules as you probably have gathered.

Most people start off doing the Client Exams which are either 70-620 for Vista or 70-270 for XP.

I would recommend finding a local college who does a course on either of these and enrol on that. You could also buy a MS Press Book to back up your studies. Just type in 70-620 or 70-270 in Amazon.

Hope that helps.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

5. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

From their website "About Us" :

In 2006, we acquired Azlan Training, which established us as Europe’s largest IT training provider. In 2007, we expanded our global footprint to include IT training, consulting, and services in the Middle East and Africa through the acquisition of Synergy Professional Services.

Azlan were excellent and quite large so if they were big enough to acquire them they should be ok (never a guarantee tho'). Are they doing "cheap" courses tho' ? I wouldn't have thought so.

Is there a reason you don't want to consider self-study ?

7. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

I think I'll learn more and maybe some practice but I have to think about it few days. Thank you very much for your help

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Check out the guide to self study in the training and development forum.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. postman

postman Byte Poster

WIP: A+
  10. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

Hi and welcom again after the long brake.

I thought a lot about this and I would like to take your advise and do some course which get me start in IT and also prepare me for the harder qualifications like the MCSE. (I still want to do MCSE course but when I have worked in IT first), so the question is: which of those two, which suggested me earlier in the subject, is better:

1. MCDST
    2. A+ -Like I understend 220-602 is recomended

If I would like to do MCSE anyway does it make a sense to do MCDST? or better is to do A+ which is more general, What of this two help me to get a job in IT, taking into consideration, that in the future I would like to do MCSE.

First I wanted to do MCDST but I thought that it's only Windows XP and then I started to thinking about A+, that is more general subject what give me a better scope to find a job, am I right?

Or maybe any other suggestions about courses

Regards

11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Both would be beneficial to you at this stage of your career.

Also forget about the MCSE for just now, it’s a BIG cert and can take months\years to complete if you do it properly.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What Sparks said. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!