MCSE Boot Camps?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Andrew_P, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Andrew_P

Andrew_P Bit Poster

Hi All,

I was googling earier today and came across this site:

http://www.koenig-solutions.com/

Now they offer A+ and MCSE which I want to do at some stage however would it be humanly possible to do a MCSE in 50 days?

For example A+ for 9 days in Delhi is £550 in a budget hotel but to be honest its in India and Delhi especially I have heard is not the nicest area in the world but its the cheapest resort to go to.

What do you guys think about these types of boot camps?

Andrew

Certifications: None at present
    WIP: A+
  2. damienj3

damienj3 Byte Poster

Looks very tempting to me. Dont know if it is possible to get it done in 50 days though. But then again with the right tuition it might be possible.

Certifications: mcse
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  3. Andrew_P

Andrew_P Bit Poster

Just if I went I would not to be to keen on going somewhere like that on my own. Also bear in mind you still have to add flights to the cost of the boot camp prices.

Anyone here thinking of doing the bootcamp? :)

Its tempting but still quite a lot of money if I was to do A+, Network+ and MCSE 2003 there.

Certifications: None at present
    WIP: A+
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Boot camps are okay if you have years of experience and are already very knowledgeable about networks and server products. If you are starting from scratch, well I would think there is way too much information to absorb in 50 days :eek:

Bear in mind that certifications are just pieces of paper. The knowledge is what will make the difference to your future career path. In 50 days you will be bombarded with new info from dawn till dusk and I doubt you will remember much at the end of it.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. damienj3

damienj3 Byte Poster

My thoughts exactly

Certifications: mcse
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I agree entirely with Pete. If you have been a network administrator for years and just need the cert to prove it then a boot camp is probably just the job. Nice holiday at the same time :morebeer.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT