MCSE becomes??

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ManicMonkey, Jul 30, 2007.

1. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Ok heres a worrying question, ive been reading on Microsoft's website about there new methods for qualifications.

I recently passed my MCSE and have posted my CV online (already had a few call backs - whohoo) anyway i was wondering if anyone knew what will become of the MCSE qualification.

I notice there is still information about MCP's there but i cannot find anything about the MCSE. Is it totally dying? if its replaced what happens to all us with the qualification??

Not too concerned since i know the industry as a general will still recognise and know what the 'old' qualifications mean.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

According to Microsoft, your MCSE will never expire. The related exams will eventually retire, and at some point, you will no longer be able to pursue the MCSE certification... but once you become MCSE certified, you remain MCSE certified.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Your knowledge is not gone at the moment MS gives it certification track a different name. As Michael said, you are MCSE 2003, you'll stay MCSE. There will be a time however when new candidates can not do the exams for MCSE anymore. I am MCSE for NT 3.51, NT 4.0, windows 2000 and windows 2003 and I will stay this for ever.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  4. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Yes you will always be an MCSE dude!!

Note that the MCSA becomes MCTS and the MCSE becomes MCITP - more or less...

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff