MCSE and /or Computeach Distance Learning

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Jane, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Jane

Jane New Member

Hello,
    I am very new to this forum and am looking for advice about courses for the MSCE qualification via distance learning because I am at home. Can anyone give me some guidance?
    Does anyone know if the Computeach course is any good? and if not, or if too expensive, where else can I look? Please send me your thoughts because I need some help from those who have already done these types of courses before I waste my money. Any advice or comments much appreciated.
    Mant thanks,
    Jane
    [email protected]

2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Hello Jane and a very big warm welcome to you from me (and no one else so far:rolleyes: ). I see your looking for a place to study MCSE. well I aint doing MCSE (A+ Im doing) but if you ask me from what others have said I wouldnt really go for Computeach. next time you log into the site look at the top of the home page and you will see links to various sites that tell you who and where to do your courses. but like I said I could be wrong about Computeach...when I rang them for an info pack they couldnt stop ringing me all the time. it was only so I could say yes to do their course...but thank God I didnt cos I had a friend who was getting the same hassle. but hey wait till everyone else has informed you on what to do...

Once again a warm welcome...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Jane - a warm CertForums welcome to you :D

There's plenty of views and opinions of different providers in our Training and Development Forum - I'm sure you'll pick up some good advice in there that will help you decide.

However you choose to proceed, all the very best on the certification trail. I'm sure you'll get plenty of helpful info from the Guys around here :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome, Jane. Glad you made it. I have no opinion on Computeach but I bet someone will come along soon who does. Have a look around the forum and feel free to ask any questions you'd like.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

A BIG CertForums welcome Jane, take a good look around. I think that you may find mixed reviews about computeach or any other training provider to that matter. It all boils down to you in the end. Do you have much experience with computers/networking or hardware. If you do you may not need the additional support offered by computeach.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi Jane and welcome from me to. I can onlt agree with what the others have said. Take your time and research yuor options, ask lots of questions to prospective providers and to independant people as well (guess that means us :D ).

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. robanpadd

robanpadd Bit Poster

Welcome Jane,

Like the guys have already said, have a look round the training and development forum for more opinions on training providers than you can shake a stick at!

But most of all...

WELCOME and good luck with whichever certification you choose to follow.

Certifications: ECDL, A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  8. Jane

Jane New Member

Thanks to everyone for your welcomes and your advice. I shall go and have a look at the Training forum too!

Best regards,
    Jane:D

9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi Jane and welcome to the forum.[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Blimey you were early Nugg...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

[​IMG] I don't geddit[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Hi Jane, I agree with what everyone else is saying. I would thing hard about a career route. An MCSE is a lot of work (7 exams) and if your just starting in the IT field I would head down the route of A+ then Network+ to get you started. These can also count towards your MCSE. MCSE is pretty advanced and I would only advise you do it once your working in the industry (This is just my opinion though).:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011