MCSE 2k3 - finally...

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi guys/gals

After months of studying, I'm pleased to say that I've passed my last exam to get the MCSE 2k3. :biggrin

1 thing I have to say is that the 70-296 was the hardest (professional) exam that I've ever taken. Took it once before and failed by 2 questions. Did my free re-take this morning and passed.

One of the biggest things, for me, on the exam was creating/maintaining trusts (internal/external & transitive & non-trasitive) between NT4, 2k & 2k3 enviroments. There were also scenrio's on DNS (unix & windows), a couple of questions on wireless, and alot on AD, GC's etc.

The exam itself: 50 questions split into 2 parts (in my case 24 & 26), I believe 150 minutes (but can't remember exactly, as I was very nervous). There's alot more drag & drop / select & drag, click here to do... scenrio's then in the 70-292 or any MS exam I've taken.

Word of advise to anyone who is going for this exam, know your stuff inside & out, make sure you practice every little thing in your training course (whether it's college based or self study). Microsoft is really starting to make sure that when people pass their exams, they know their stuff, or at least that's what it looks like to me (weeding out the paper based people) :biggrin

Enjoy the rest of the hot weather

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats m8 :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Wow - congrats on the pass! :clap

I must redouble my efforts at cert passing - so many are getting there!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Great News Ken! Congrats on the pass, lets just hop that MS keeps up its efforts in making sure that the people who carry their accreditations really do know what they are talking about! :biggrin

5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I already said well done at work this morning, but I'll say it again. Well done. :) It just means they will give you more work to do if they think you are better qualified though. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. Kitkatninja

You mean like us taking over the phone system? :dry

Thanks all... What's next? Game playing Oblivion style if the 6600 graphic cards ever turn up :biggrin

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Well done m8 big congrats.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  8. Kitkatninja

Thanks AJ, it looks like Modey & myself will be looking after the new phone system once it's in place. Can't wait... :rolleyes:

-Ken

9. AJ

Can't be as complicated as the Meridian switch I look after now, it's a beast

10. Kitkatninja

Last place I worked at, we supported Inter-Tel. Currently we use a Nortel system, but Estates look after it. Decisions were made to upgrade the phone system and for IT Services to look after it, our manager hasn't decided which upgrade path to take yet, so, in essences, could end up with anything. (They still have 2 more companies to see).

11. AJ

Yea ours is a Nortel Meridian. I'm getting prices to see if it's worth upgrading, but finding it difficult to justify £37K. Let me know how you get on. :D

12. Kitkatninja

No worries (yet anyway :biggrin )

13. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats wagnerk! :clap :slidedrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  14. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

congratulations, wagnerk. welcome to the club.

15. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good onya Ken!! It's a long slog to get there but a great feeling when you do :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  16. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

well done Ken! :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  17. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass mate. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685