MCSD

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by dave0989, Mar 21, 2007.

1. dave0989

dave0989 New Member

Well I finally got a two year degree in Computer Science and I'm working for a decent company right now as a tester.

But what I want to do is pursue some programming certifications and I'm confused right now on what I should focus on...

I'm thinking of working towards an mcsd but then again I see Microsoft has a new set of Certs out for programming based on VS. 2005.

Which version do you think would be more beneficial towards a career in programming? Also if anyone can answer my 2nd question??

.Net vs J2ee.... Which cert would provide more job oppurtunities and higher salaries???

Thanks and regards

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Certs for programming are far less clear-cut than those for say networking.

It all depends on the environment you are working in, and expect to work in. Many companies have 'house rules' about how software is built. For example my company mandates Oracle and Java for everything.

Fortunately I seem to be allowed to ignore these rules, and I tend to use Perl, shell, C and PostgreSQL.

If you are going to be working in a 'pure' Windows environment then the certs are relatively clear. For others it is somewhat less so!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

MCSD is a b@st@rd.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD