1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCSA - passed the requirements - or have I ???

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by AllanWallace, Mar 17, 2012.

1. AllanWallace

AllanWallace Bit Poster

I passed my 4th microsoft exam yesterday ( 070-680 ) but have still been left a little confused....

On the main MCSA certification page ( Systems Administrator| MCSA | Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator ) it says:

"To earn the MCSA on Windows Server 2003 certification, you must pass four exams (in any order):
    Two exams on networking systems
    One exam on client operating systems
    One elective exam"

I have passed:
    Two exams on networking systems (70-290, 70-291)
    One exam on client operating systems (70-680)
    One elective exam (70-270)

- but my certified professional transcript still shows me as an MCP (although it does show all the individual exams)

Also, on the certification planner, ( https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/tools/CertificationsInProgress.aspx )
    where it shows the list of requirements, it has a category of "Elective (2 *)"
    - which suggests to me the certification planner is expecting 2 electives, when the main MCSA page says only one elective is required.....

Anyone else experienced similar when passing MCSA?
    Is the certification planner wrong???

Certifications: MCSA, MCTS 70-680, MCP 70-291, 70-290, 70-270, NVQ3, NVQ2
    WIP: MCITP, ITIL
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Because the MSCA is, as you have pointed out, a 'mash-up' of several different exams - some of which are 'electives' it takes a while for your transcript to show the change, even though your individual exams are already shown.

Don't worry, it will catch-up and show your MCSA, probably well within the 48-hours you are told it can take.

And, BTW, congrats!!

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. AllanWallace

AllanWallace Bit Poster

Thanks!

and thanks again!

4. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Looks like you're all updated now!

Congrats again..!

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  5. AllanWallace

AllanWallace Bit Poster

Thanks for the heads up, it has indeed updated!

Now i must go and edit my signature!