Mcsa Or Mcse

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Ingramator, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Ingramator

Ingramator Bit Poster

Hey guys, im new to this so sorry for the newbie questions.

But which should I do first MCSA or MCSE or does it not matter?

Hope you can help

Rhys

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

It goes MCSA and then MCSE.

See the requisites here - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcsa.aspx

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Ingramator

Ingramator Bit Poster

thank you very much, you have been very helpfull.

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

According to this post, you don't work in IT yet. I would say forget about the MCSA and MCSE for now and concentrate on the basics first of all: the A+, Network+ and the MCDST.

Remember the higher end professional IT certifications are there to reflect your job role & responsibilities and not to be used as a substitute for experience. Alot of IT managers (including myself) disregard those higher certs if the experience does not match.

There's an article re entry level certs, see here.

Plus do not be fooled/forced into "quick" programs promising you a job and salary of £20k-£30k pa only after a 4 week to 6 month program. If it was really true, every one of us would have done that route and be on £50k by now.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Ingramator

Ingramator Bit Poster

Ok thank you very much Ken, so your saying i should go for A+ and network+ first then? in regards to i will search on the forum for more information. No im not looking for a 6 month program at all just looking to increase my certificates :) thank you vey much for your advice, do you know if books for this cost a lot? or do you have any books that you can recommend please?

Thanks

6. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  7. Ingramator

Ingramator Bit Poster

8. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

No problem.

If i havent said it already, Welcome to CF. Let us know how you get on with your studies!

Dave

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  9. Ingramator

Ingramator Bit Poster

Thank you very much, and i will let you know. got to start buying books and all sorts now!