MCSA or MCITP:EA?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by imon, Sep 27, 2010.

1. imon

imon New Member

hi! I need help please. Could someone give me an advise if it's worth taking the MCSA before MCITP:EA? I've got A+ and N+ already and currently studying for xp and win7. Does 290 and 291 harder than server 2008 exam? Any suggestion would greatly appreciated. sorry if this questions answered already just have no to time to read. thank you.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+,
    WIP: MCSA, MCITP, CIW
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd recommend doing the MCSA first... but only if you have about 6 months of server administration experience. If you don't, you shouldn't pursue either.

Doesn't matter whether they're harder or not... you should certify on what you have experience using.

If you don't care enough to take the time to read, why should anyone else take the time to answer?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

The MCSA and MCITP:EA are two completely different qualifications, closer to the mark would be the MCITP:SA exam.

Overall it depends on your experience, the MCITP:EA and SA are expecting you to have a good 12 -18+ months experience on the technologies being tested on, infact the EA exam expects you to have decent Enterprise experience not just on the OS but also various other Enterprise level technology (SharePoint, Deployment and various System Center products (SCCM and SCOM)).

Personally speaking, I would go for the MCSA first.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA