MCSA/MCSE - Training Companies

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by madman045, Nov 29, 2007.

1. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

I have been told by the boss we need to spend some money on training, ideally to start with MCSA/MCSE either messaging/security plus any other courses that may prove useful and job relevant.

Can anyone recommend any organizations that do this, either a one week course etc.. nothing like the ones thats a massive loan and one/two year solution.

Thanks

Andy

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Most MS courses are a 1 week course each, so for an MCSE it would be a good few weeks worth of courses at 1500 - 2k each

InterQuad is a decent provider, as is any mainline training provider (Spring (although they re branded) Parity, Azlan etc

remember all these guys do is give the official MOC stuff, so the quality of the Trainer is what counts, and unfortunately they vary quite dramatically

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I would recommend check out your local colleges to see if they are Microsoft Academics. If they are they would use the official MOC course and are generally cheaper than alot of private training companies - hence more money for other courses.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

search the forums and internet for a company called theskillsgap its cheep and i think teh courses are 4 weeks from zero to mcse

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  5. sugarflux

sugarflux New Member

It can really depend where you are based as well. I work in Brighton on the South Coast and the majority of large companies down here tend to use a company call ADA(.co.uk). I've trained on a few things with them and they are very good (although i have to admit i haven't done an MCSE/A....

sugarflux