1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCSA Distance Learning

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Nathandio, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Nathandio

Nathandio New Member

Good morning everyone,
    I'm currently serving in the armed forces and was going outside (civvy world) till the world decided to turn upside down and all of a sudden the security of the forces was very appealing... None the less I will be leaving in approx 3 years and I’m starting to make preparations. I did some resettlement and the course provided was one of them where the world was promised and then nothing came out of it ( apart from learning out to take a computer apart and then put it back together!!!) I currently work as a system administrator onboard a submarine (NT Tech) and have been for the best part of 4 years and I’m also a bit of an IT enthusiast (posh for part time geek ) so what I want to know is where my ELCAS grant would be best spent! For those who don’t know, ELCAS is a scheme that will pay 80% of any course of up to £2K a year and can be used 3 times (i.e. £6K). I'm looking to find someone that offers good online support as well as constant progress checks, because I do need that extra push from time to time.
    I appreciate everyone taking the time to read and reply to this post.
    Cheers
    Nathan

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Nathandio

Nathandio New Member

Having just read some of the posts on here i think its safe to say that i'm not going to get much advice. I understand most of the frustration but since it will be paid for me i was just wondering if anyone new of a good company. If i go the self-study way i will have to pay for all my own books and exams.
    The only reason i'm even considering TP is because for me its free, but i really dont want one of them 'braindump' sorts of course!
    Thanks
    Nath

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCSA