Mcsa 70-293?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Chris-Cooper, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Chris-Cooper

Chris-Cooper Bit Poster

I passed my 70-290 re-take yesterday so I should have my MCSA now. However although Prometric is showing all four passes up now, theres no mention of the MCSA.

Is that just the way it is? No certificate or nowt?? :x

Mind you I'm a bit bothered because 70-293 is not on the list of elective modules for the MCSA. Surely my college can't have got it wrong?

Certifications: 70-270, 70-291, 70-293
    WIP: 70-290
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If your college has told you that 70-293 can be used as an elective for the MCSA, then they've indeed got it wrong. You need a client exam, two server exams (290 and 291), and an elective that is on the MCSA elective list.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. eurorocker

eurorocker New Member

Hi Chris,
    From your location I assume you used York College, I'd go and give them hell or try to get something out of them as they are still advertising this course with the 293 to start this Sept.

http://www.yorkcollege.ac.uk/adult-...ystems Administrator)&divisionTitle=Computing.

I had a look awhile a go as I'm in East Yorks, at doing the http://www.yorkcollege.ac.uk/adult-...n ICT System Support &divisionTitle=Computing but they have changed it from last year when you could use Microsoft exams as credits.

Tony

Certifications: A+, N+, MCSA 2003, MCTS (70-680). MCDST
    WIP: MCITP:EDST(70-685) :EDA(70-686)
  4. Chris-Cooper

Chris-Cooper Bit Poster

You are having a laugh aren't you??? Does that mean I am MCSA or what??

Certifications: 70-270, 70-291, 70-293
    WIP: 70-290
  5. eurorocker

eurorocker New Member

No, I am deadly serious, as per Boston Michael, the 70-293 is not an elective for the MCSA, it is a core exam for the MCSE. The link on Boston Michaels post shows all the current electives for the MCSA.

So I would say you are not certified MCSA.

If the college is advertising the MCSA with the 293 then they are wrong and they need informing about it as lots of other people could be in the same position as you.

Sorry for the bad news but you might have a case to get some money back as it was incorrect advertising.

Obviously someone at the college has not done a very good job.

Tony

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCSA 2003, MCTS (70-680). MCDST
    WIP: MCITP:EDST(70-685) :EDA(70-686)