MCPD books

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by IsintheComputer, Jun 25, 2012.

1. IsintheComputer

IsintheComputer New Member

Hello,

I want to be a Microsoft Certified Professional Developer and after googling so much, I understood that in order to obtain that certificate, I have to pass 4 exams.

1. MCTS prerequisite: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Exam 70-515)
    2. MCTS prerequisite: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Exam 70-513)
    3. MCTS prerequisite: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Exam 70-516)
    4. MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Exam 70-519)

So my question is, what books should I buy/download in order to pass these exams and solidify my knowledge in .NET?

So far I have the following books, I have finished half of them already (first 3).

1. C# In A Nutshell
    2. 4994A (Introduction to Programming Microsoft .NET Applications with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005) OFFICIAL
    3. 10265A (Developing Data Access Solutions with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010) OFFICIAL
    4. 10267A (Introduction to Web Development with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010) OFFICIAL
    5. MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-515): Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Mcts 70-515 Exam Exam Prep)
    6. MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-516): Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    7. MCPD 70-519 Exam Ref: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4

I feel like I need more.

Thanks.

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Do you meet the pre-requisites the MCPD program outlines ?

If so the training guides should pretty much cover it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012