MCP here I come!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by derkit, Dec 5, 2007.

1. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Just a brief update, as my girlfriend and I are being taken out for a meal by a neighbour because of looking after her when she had a fall and had to be carted off to hospital!

Well, I passed!
    Exam was a bit easier than I expected - probably because there was no Firewall questions nor any IE security settings questions! Passed with a score of 966, so I'm well impressed with myself at the mo - took 4 months and nearly every hour outside of work revising/studying its paid off.

I'll explain more on the day later - just thought I'd pass on the good news.

Profile and signature updated though 8)

:alc :morebeer

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Congrats on the pass mate :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done mate :)

on to the 70-272 :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

See? I figured you were well ready!! :) Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Well done matey. Don't forget to get signed up on the MCP members site and order your welcome pack.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass... and the score. :D

7. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

A few days have passed now, its finally settled in - wow, I think it nearly killed me! It's like I've been hit with the exhaustion train! Normally only need/have/get 5-6 hours of sleep a night - Friday AM woke up late for work after works Xmas party, Saturday AM got up after 11 hours of sleep, this morning another 9 hours of sleep!!

Thanks for the congrats guys :)

GBL - yep, 70-272 now, depends how bored I get next week I may start doing some reading. I would like to get it done by Easter, but maybe tempted to push for the end of February - this one seems a little lighter than the other so we'll have to see.
    Modey - I haven't registered yet for my MCP pack - I've got the embossed sheet from prometric, and I'll have a look at that in a mo. Haven't received any mails yet so may have to chase prometric, but they do say leave it a week or so before bothering them - either way I have the paper to say I've passed, it'll do for now! :D

Mike - indeed you did say I was ready - shows you're in the right line of work there!

Well, back to the day - as I said before my boss gave me a couple of hours off to do the exam - which was I nice gesture I thought - and made life a little easier. Took me about 15 mins on the tube to get to the exam centre, which was different than the ones I've visited in the past, this was 12 storeys up over looking the square mile of the City with some stunning views. I'd been use to sitting in a small air-conditioned room with one computer - this was a spacious room, no air-con thankfully, and had 6 exam computers set up. I was the only one taking an exam at that time so it meant I could spread and relax a little.

Prometric site said 2h45 for the exam, in the end it was 2h05 - 40 mins to comment on their questions, I did one or two that I thought we badly related to the course or were poorly worded but I got bored of this and just hit finished. Happy days, you've passed etc. I had 61 questions and took just over 1h25 to complete which seemed on par for the 53 questions about 1h15ish for the transcender tests.

Anyhow, work was well impressed with that result, just as much as they were finding out that I was going to volunteer for 3 hours each day on top of my normal 7.5 hour-working-day to work with the server team (the next logical step up) - it starts to pay off when you have something to show for it, rather than this talk "I'm doing these IT exams....."

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs