1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mcp equivalent

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by shadowwebs, May 10, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

found a job that says must have A+, ECDL or Equivalent, MCP or Equivalent.

I have the A+, ECDL I can say I am equivalent, but what can I say for MCP as I am currently now studying towards MCITP but can I also state I am equivalent based on that I have been using Microsoft technologies for the last 8 years

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

You become an MCP upon passing a MS certification (heck, even if you take one of the Office exams!) - it is simply a keyword that job adverts all say without a clue of what an MCP actually means.

State you're currently studying an MCITP (write out the full wording), with a projected certification date. Once passed, you'll become a MCP.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

In these circumstances, MCP will be usually mean the 'MCP 2.0' certification. Such as 70-270, 70-290, etc, etc. Not just the fact that you have a login to the MCP site.

But as many of these certs have been 'replaced' by the newer MCTS/MCITP tracks, I would say that the MCTS (being the 'one-off' cert of the moment, just as the MCP was/is) would be classed as the current "...or equivalent".

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  4. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Thanks for the clarification Richy. That makes a lot more sense!

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  5. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

No probs! :)

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...