MCP 70 - 270 HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by jay01, Apr 2, 2006.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Go for the A+ first. If you have already completed the IT essentials part of the Cisco Network Academy you will find that there are a number of area's that overlap with the A+ objectives, so that familliarity will help.

Don't put all of your eggs into one basket though, you should also do some other more 'traditional' course alongside. Perhaps and apprenticeship in IT, or a GNVQ to help you build up a strong set of base skills and experience on which to build further.

8)

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yup, the college\uni option is always a good one, cheap beer! :beers2

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. jay01

jay01 Bit Poster

College been there already for 7 months talk about boring. :( same with doing A - LEV ICT. The courses that they offer are just no good! So the best thing i can do is study these whilst im working. The main thing i want to do is Server 2003 i currently work as an IT Technician anway. However they currently contract someone in to manage the server every few weeks. If i could do it well :biggrin

Certifications: ECDL
  4. G1BB0

G1BB0 Nibble Poster

I thought the same way as yourself... altho i am a fair bit older (35 in 2 months time)

I got into pc's at college back in 2000, then got into pulling em apart and rebuilding/upgrading etc. Most of the things I learned were through my own cockups lol.

I went to uni doing IT Sys development but it wasnt for me so gave it up. Started as an IT support technician in february and found that altho i knew (or thought I did) a lot about xp and networking I actually knew very little as corporate IT is a hell of a lot different.

I am doing my 70-270 atm, setup a lab with server2003, xp pro. I have exchange server, citrix and a whole host of other applications to play about with. I thought easy can learn all this sharpish... wrong, I am only just scratching the surface of xp so a lot to learn before i even think about the other o/s's or apps

as said before do the A+, Network+ and then the mcp's/mcse

luckily you have youth on your side so I wouldnt be in too much of a hurry.

WIP: N+ & CCNA