Mcp 272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Andy Twyford, May 1, 2008.

1. Andy Twyford

Andy Twyford New Member

Who has recentley taken this exam?
    And how did they find it?
    And what did you get?

Its just that I am realy nervous about this exam

Cheers
    Andy

2. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Took it a couple of months ago.

Found it similar to the 271 except it focused on the office suite much more heavily. Having said that I used skillport as main source for revision and have also worked for about 9months in desktop support.

A headache? erm ... I got a certificate saying I passed 272 and thus am an MCP. You also get access to the MCP members site.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

i took it a few months ago and failed it, got 690!! i found that there was alot of questions on outlook and outlook express

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

It's easy to underestimate the 272 as most people know how to use Office and fall into the trap of thinking that it should be easy to troubleshoot it also. It's not a hard exam (not compared to many other MS exams anyway) but if you are unprepared for it then it's time for a visit from the fail ship! :) (not having a dig btw John, I just like this picture :) )

[​IMG]

Outlook Express is certainly covered quite a lot in the MCDST course that I teach, as is Outlook.

I would recommend that you take a look at the 70-272 Objectives and make sure you are happy with all those topic areas. You can also see on that page the Outlook Express is featured quite a few times.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

yep, looks like my fail was on that ship lol

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing