1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mcitp ?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Gunner81, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Gunner81

Gunner81 Bit Poster

Hi Guys,
    As you all know I got a job as service desk analyst/ helpdesk analyst few months back. I am now thinking of doing MCITP and am studying for 70-680 and would later be doing 70-685 as I am interested in lvl 2 / desktop support roles. Would probably start applying once I pass both exams.

Just wondering as my interest lies in server side and also want to study 70-686. Would definitely help in the future with my job hunt. If I get my MCITP for enterprise desktop support and then i study and pass 70-686. Do I also get the MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator? Its just that eventually I want to apply for System Admin or Network Engineer roles once I have level 1 and 2 experience. Would this be helpful?

Certifications: A+, MCP (70-270)
    WIP: Network+, MCITP
  2. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster Forum Leader

Yes. Two MCITPs for three exams.
    Not sure if they'll help any toward Network Engineer roles - that'd probably be N+ and ultimately Cisco - but you should certainly pick up some useful knowledge for system administration. At least in an MS environment.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
    Trogdor likes this.
  3. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

THIS ^^

Not entirely sure about the MS desktop certs, but the Network + and the MS server certs definately give you a head start in networking. Loads of overlap in basic networking and subnetting which can be used with the Cisco (CCNA) stuff.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  4. Gunner81

Gunner81 Bit Poster

Alright thats great. I'll go for MCITP for enterprise desktop support and once I pass both exams I'll start applying for desktop support roles. After that I would also be focusing on 70-686 exam once I have a bit of desktop support experience!

Thanks for the advice! :)

5. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

if your after a study partner for the mcitp, then I am interested in starting this one also... I will be using the Professor Messer video tutorial for the first exam 70-680 and will be looking to test my learning in lab exercises, a study buddy could communicate through Skype potentially.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  6. Gunner81

Gunner81 Bit Poster

Oops sorry for the late reply! I have decided to first do Network+ and then move on to MCITP. I feel I need to polish my networking knowledge before I proceed further with Microsoft certification...