MCITP

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by blanch, Oct 14, 2008.

1. blanch

blanch Bit Poster

Hi All,

Just after something clearing up regarding the MCITP really.

I have the MCDST, and will be looking was looking to do the 70-620 in the near future, however looking on the MS web-site it states i could take the 70-621 to upgrade my MCDST to a MCITP.

My question is if i take the 70-621 and pass it, will my transcript (and card) change to show MCITP instead of MCDST or would it show both - and will it show MCTS?

Thanks,
    David

Certifications: MCDST, 70-270, 70-290, MCTS
    WIP: N+, 70-291
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I can't find a clear answer to this after a mooch on M$ website, but as they are from two distinct Cert tracks I would say that you can use both.

I would certainly hope so - as the MCITP will eventually be a retired cert whereas the MCDST is permanent.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Since you are already a MCDST, you will keep the MCDST. Once you pass the 70-621, you will also gain the MCTS & the MCITP credentials along side the MCDST.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. blanch

blanch Bit Poster

Thats great - exactly what i wanted to know and hoped was the case.

David

Certifications: MCDST, 70-270, 70-290, MCTS
    WIP: N+, 70-291