MCITP Windows 7

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by happystew, Aug 15, 2011.

1. happystew

happystew Bit Poster

Hello

Some cert advice please,

Looking to the MCITP, or a relevant Windows 7 Cert. Do i have to complete MCDST first?

also i live in Scotland, where is the best place to take the Exam Only if possible?
    Thinking of Self Studying.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Stew

Certifications: Bsc Hons Computer & Network Support
    WIP: MCITP
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Hi Stew,

The MCDST is an XP based exam which is nothing to do with Win7 certs (other than it was possible to upgrade to one of the MCITP's from it). It's also retired now, so you can't take it any more.

As for test centre's have a look at the Prometric website. No doubt there are quite a few places throughout Scotland where you could take an exam.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

THe only other thing that I can add to what Modey has already said is that in order to gain the MCITP for Windows 7 (there are currently two tracks), you have to gain and pass the 70-680 MCTS exam for Windows 7,

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security