MCITP(SA/SE) vs MS EDST7

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Alan Fisher, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Alan Fisher

Alan Fisher New Member

Folks
    I've been an MCSE NT4 and 2003 for some time now, and wanted to get the 2008 track done before it is retired. I was looking at the available Certs and exams and noticed that MS has the EDST7 which is kind of new for me (Client OS were always a way to MCSE) do I have a question for the masses;
    I'll be going for both MCTIP SA and ESA as it's one extra exam (70-646 being the extra)and shows a breadth of knowledge, is EDST7 a different "Track" as I also noticed that the 2012 line is separating the client admin roles out. Currently I'm a member of a team of SA's we all have Enterprise roles but each of us has a specific aditional role mine being workstation management (deployment development, patch management, systems support) as well as mentoring and end point resolution for our desk side support.

Would any one go for both tracks MCITP and EDST7, or is that overkill assuming if one is an ESA they know DST as well?

2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Some of the course stuff is very similar, but like whereas you wouldn't touch ImageX and the various deployment methods of Win 7 in the server exams, things like BranchCache are more like an overview on the EDST material, you go in depth into actually implementing it in the Server exams.

So in a sense they are distinct roles.