MCITP: SA 2008 Completed

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by purana, Sep 8, 2010.

1. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Wrapped up my MCITP: SA 2008 today with the last test 70-640. Was pretty worried, but it appears it was for nothing as I passed with bit of margin.

I may just turn it into a EA 2008 at some point, however I want to grab a book and do both MCITP's for Windows 7 and MCITP Virtualization Administrator too. Will come back to EA then, maybe.

Good day, except work was then super busy. Grr

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
    WIP: MCITP: EA, RHCE, OEL, RHCVE
  2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Congrats with the cert!

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats mate! Well done!

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  7. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Congrats bud, I'm going to start my SA soon but having a bit of a rest for now :)

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  8. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Transcript has updated to show exam 640 completed, but the Certifications at the top hasn't updated yet. So it's still yet to show the MCTS associated with the 640 exam and the MCITP that ties it all together.

I am guessing this might take a few days from past experience, so I won't get concerned unless say a month later it still hasn't shown, as I will be annoyed.

See how long it takes, will keep an eye on it.

In the meantime, just picked up my 70-652 book and started reading. Want to see if I can get across it by end of the month. See what happens.

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
  9. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well done on the cert :)

I am a tad surprised that it's not showing your MCITP yet tho, when I was doing mine MS always had the site updated within 24 hours (usually within 12, when I woke up the next morning I already had the cert listed).

70-652 was a fairly easy exam, I actually sat it on the spur of the moment (without any study) and passed, the book is worth the read and I would definitely recommend playing with the product (luckily for me I had it running on my laptop so played with it all the time).

Good luck with the future exams.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  10. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Thanks. I been playing with Hyper-V a little. Got a 2nd Dell Optiplex machine to throw it on and tinker. Enough to get an idea of things. Will try and go for 752 later this month before I start the ITILv3 Foundations book I have. Then back to Windows 7 MCITP's towards year end.

Site is now showing my MCTS cert for the 640 exam as on the transcript, but still no MCITP. Guess it takes a few days, will keep an eye on it before I go complaining.

EDIT: MCP site must be borked. Now when I sign it it is saying I need to link my MCPID with live account. Stupid system. Not changed a thing. Seems the email with the access code is not showing up either when attempting to retrieve it. Oh well will play more tomorrow. Grr

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  11. purana

purana Nibble Poster

MCITP showed up on transcript. Finally :) Feeling quite good about it all, as I only set a target to do this at the start of the year. Good to finally see the hard work paying off.

12. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations:), I hope to finish my MCSE 2003 towards the end of this year or latest early next year.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  13. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Good luck with the MCSE, I am sure you'll be fine too.

14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congrats 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Thanks.

I really like these forums. Great bunch of folks :) Currently brushing up on 70-652, as the exam is next Wednesday. See how I go. Will be happy to scrap it through, but let's see what happens.