1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCITP - Enterprise Administrator..

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Beany, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Beany

Beany Bit Poster

Morning,

i'm hoping to start this course some time next year, got a question...

shall i start the core exams first or do one of the client exams first?

also which is the ideal client exam to take from:

70-620 – Configuring Microsoft Windows Vista Client (MCSA/MCSE/MCITP:EA)
    70-624 – TS: Deploying and Maintaining Windows Vista Client and 2007 Microsoft Office Systems Desktops
    70-680 – Windows 7, Configuring (MCSA/MCSE/MCITP:EA)

regards

2. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Client exam is 620 or 680 from what I remember reading on the Microsoft website. I currently have both of them. You don't need both (only one of them).

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
    WIP: MCITP: EA, RHCE, OEL, RHCVE
  3. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Start with 70-680 (Win 7) then follow the exam numbering sequence, it's in sequence for a reason (each following exam requires some knowledge from the previous exam).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  4. Beany

Beany Bit Poster

if i do the 70-680, will i need to do the 70-681 too?

I was thinking of doing just the 70-620

5. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

No

You could do, I did the Vista client for my MCITP: EA.

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  6. Beany

Beany Bit Poster

I'd prefer to do the windows 7, 70-680 exam...

so with the 70-680 plus 4 core exams, do i qualify as a MCITP Enterprise Administrator?

can someone please recommend me some reading material for 70-680? is it the usual microsoft press book that i need to purchase?

thanks

7. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

You can see what I used here.

Yes, as for the MCITP: EA, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip