MCITP:EA Practise Exam advice and recommendation please

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by han.net, May 9, 2011.

1. han.net

han.net Nibble Poster

Hi there,

I am about to take the MCITP EA exams and would like somebody's advise and recommendation for a practise exam to use before taking any of the 5 exams .

Some people suggested to me Actuial Exam or CertKiller, but I have never heard of any of them before and would appreciate your advice and experience please.

Regards

2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

stay away from Actual Exams and CertKiller. Both are braindump sites.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. han.net

han.net Nibble Poster

Thanks but what alternative do we have ?

4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Learning the material?

You can get proper practice exams, which arent actual test questions, through sites such as boson, and you get around 200 questions free with the MS press books.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  5. han.net

han.net Nibble Poster

I am learning the material , but as I siad I need a good practise test like Pass4sure or Testking . Those dont include the MCITP for some resaon .

Await for more opinions !

6. Spidey76

Spidey76 Bit Poster

The MS Press books have practice tests from Measure Up which are good. Transcenders are also very good, the closest to the actual exam format. Do as many practice exams as possible and importantly understand why the answer is right or wrong. It helps to use practice exams from various sources as this will help you to get a "feel" as to what sort of questions will be asked in the real exam.

7. han.net

han.net Nibble Poster

Spidey76,

Your advice is much appreciated , and yes I do want to pass the exams with a very good understanding . this is not my first Certification , but I just want to go with agood and up to date practise exam provider especially if somebody has tried it before. I dont want to spend money on a product that would disappointme afterwards.

Transcenders are good but it looks like they have the EA ; Pack not up todate as its including Vista rather than Win 7

In addition, Microsoft has changed some of the test to include R2 , so the practise test needs to be up to date !

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Test king is a braindump

Use legit sites like Boson, Transcender, preplogic, measureup.

Always use CertGuard | IT Certification Exam Security & Integrity to check wether a site is legit. If you use braindumps you are not only cheating yourself, but everyone else in the IT industry.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. han.net

han.net Nibble Poster

Many thanks for that site , I dont cheat myself or anyone else. I study and practise at home with my VM's . I have a server that can run 6 VM's at the same time in addition to another normal PC . I study to apply my skills in a working environment NOT to have the certificate on my wall !
    Any other ideas would still be apprecitated as I am having more knowledge each time one of you guys comment on my thread .

10. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Have a look at SelftestSoftware, Boson and Transcender, not in any particular order and in no way a suggestion as to who\what to purchase.

I have used all three of them (actually also MeasureUp), of the above both Selftest and Transcender will tend to use the same pool of questions as they are the same company, the Transcender product has a larger question db tho.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  11. han.net

han.net Nibble Poster

Many thanks Simon !!

By the way, just thought to ask if you guys had heard about the Microsoft Tech-day event on the 24th ?

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  12. 56mylar

56mylar Bit Poster

knowledgebuster.com has practice exams you can try, they are not dumps and they are free, if you are looking for a free options. As for purchasing testing material, I like adaptive testing software, I have used technologycerts in the past and just purchased access to careersavers as well. Good luck!

13. KaplanIT Developer

KaplanIT Developer Bit Poster

Looks like you've already gotten some pretty good info here, just a quick follow-up on:
    We have a couple of MCITP Multipaks, i know it gets confusing, but check out the one named "Multipak for EA with 70-640" which will have the Windows 7 products you're looking for. Last thing - Transcender, SelfTest and our friends at MeasureUp have all updated content to include R2. Boson is also a legit source, I just can't confirm R2 updates for them - but we all have free demos available & like the others have said, check out several before purchasing. Best of luck!

14. han.net

han.net Nibble Poster

KaplanIT Developer,

I take it you are from Transcenders , thank you for clearing the thing out for me about the multi pack . I checked Transcenders website and it cost $450 !! its bit expensive .

Many thansk to other people for your comment , I am interestng to check yours out .