1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCITP 70-680 study partner

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by shadowwebs, Jun 1, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I am going to be studying the MCITP 70-680 very shortly, and wondered if anyone would be interested in being a study buddy... can use Skype to communicate between ourselves and run through labs / projects to help each other get through it.

Let me know your thoughts / interest.

James

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi fellow FL!

Good luck with your search for a 'buddy' (BTW, I'm sure you're aware, but the 70-680 is an MCTS exam and only one-half of the MCITP...).

Let me know if I can be of any help with your studies...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Great idea, unfortunately I'm not going 680 until August - Good luck with your studies!

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  4. Mr D

Mr D New Member

Hi James,

I am on the same route as you and I think study buddy is brilliant idea. If you're still interested let me know and we can progress further by sharing knowledge.

Thanks

WIP: MCTS 70-680
    shadowwebs likes this.
  5. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

How's the preperation going Shadow?

6. shadowwebs

Mr D, sorry that I have not responded... only just caught wind of your response now.

Boffy, I would like to say that I am now certified but I hadn't been spending as much time as I could have done, which meant all the learning was going in and straight out again due to not being as focused as I would like... BUT, I have been for the past 3 weeks or so more focused than I was, except with work being busy so that has taken up a big part of my life again. I have gotten as far as the WDS server being created though and the image importing ready for deployment over my Server 2008 VM.

How is the MOS 2010 going?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  7. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

3 family deaths in as many months so I haven't opened a book at all. I'm hoping to start the W7 in the next couple of weeks as I don't think the MOS will get me any further with my career.

If I get time later, I'll sit the exams - but its just finding the time and money.

8. shadowwebs

Sorry to hear that Boffy, I noticed that you hadn't been around here for a while... I thought maybe you had found a blank cheque in one of those MOS books of yours :)

I am hoping to sit the exam before the end of the year, but I am also learning to drive and I have got my theory test to study for... all fun & games at the minute.