Mcdst

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by blueyonder, Jun 21, 2009.

1. blueyonder

blueyonder New Member

Hello, I'm new here.

I've just passed both MCDST exams and wondered how long the actual paper certificate takes to arrive in the post?

I have no idea how it happened but I managed to lose the paper score sheet on the way back from the second exam. How important is this? I have rung prometric to request a duplicate but the operator wasn't helpful or customer friendly so I'm not sure if she sorted it out.

Also, for some reason I had duplicate prometric accounts with 2 different e-mail addresses (I think). I asked for these to be merged about a week ago so that I just have the one prometric account. The operator said it would take 48 hours, I can't log on to prometric at all now.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
  2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

have you requested them from Microsoft? I think as off last week that you now have to pay for them and the just email you the certificate.
    If I can find it I will dig out the email.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. blueyonder

blueyonder New Member

I haven't done no. I have been studying completely independently and not sure about correct procedures etc, only just discovered this forum. I was quite surprised that I passed.

I did receive emails from microsoft after I passed both exams saying to register at their site to access member benefits. I did that and I have only just seen now about registering for a member kit, I guess that is the certificate :oops:

I am trying to find out a bit more by browsing the forum and internet at large.

It seems a bit unfair that I have to pay for a certificate when I have already paid for the course and exams but if I do then so be it.

Thanks

4. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I dont think you have to pay for it until july 1st.

Go on the M$ site and order it.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  5. blueyonder

blueyonder New Member

...I have requested Certificate, is there anything else that I should do?

6. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

wait for your certificate and mcpid card.
    as per prometric white paper I think its worth nothing!

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  7. blueyonder

blueyonder New Member

OK thanks.

I have been slightly concerned about losing that paper, no idea how it happened! Also concerned that I can't login to prometric, and now the MCDST courses have re-appeared on the microsoft my learning page. I'll ring them tomorrow, and they do show up as passed in my transcript, worrying all the same.

8. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

I understand you are a member of MS academy e-learning! is that right? I think this usually happends when your email recognised by prometric (shown as passed on their system) s not known to MS. that is why its better to use same email for both contacts but I am sure it will get sorted. The important thing here is that you passed, congrats and welcome to CF.

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  9. blueyonder

blueyonder New Member

I did the course through e-learning and practiced with Transcender.

I signed up with a company in London called Dynamics IT Academy. I paid them £250 in exchange for the course, I was told that upon completion they would place me into employment with one of their microsoft partner companies. They have now sent me a CV template and I have filled that out, but as yet they have just sent me links to IT job websites.

Thanks for the congrats :D