Mcdst

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by westernkings, Jun 5, 2009.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Woop woop,

it's taken me 12 months of really laid back studying, or lack off studying eve, but i've done it. I did my 70-271 a month or ago, then my 70-272 Today with no revising for it, passed with 792/1000.

It was a fairly easy and common sense exam really. 12 months in IT so far and mostly answered by natural knowledge gathered alone.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass and the shiny new cert for the cv.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats :) Time to update your profile me thinks.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. westernkings

Thanks guys. A lot of the questions were like "it is completely obvious to me what the answer is, but it's so obvious maybe it isn't the actual answer" type questions haha.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Congrats you are on your way. :D

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  8. slr

slr Bit Poster

Congrats on the pass!

Certifications: MCP, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: MCSA:2012
  9. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats mate, nice one! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  10. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Congrats :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done:)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. westernkings

Thanks guys. Not sure what I am going to be doing next .. On the plus side, I applied for 3 jobs a fortnight ago that I think I was perfect for, not over or underqualified, based on what they asked for, I thought I was spot on, so waiting and seeing hopefully.

18k which is 8k more than I am on now with my salary. But pretty much the same type of things with a bit more responsibility. So fingers crossed.

13. Qs

Sounds good, let us know when you hear back :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  14. westernkings

Hi guys, update.

I got a reply for a job at a school. 7k more than I'm on now. Interview on Monday morning/ The school is literally 50 yards from my house *yay*

had a pretty awkward conversation with my manager after he received paperwork to be returned by FRIDAY just this morning about the job. He was worried I was unhappy but I told him it was purely about the money side of things and I really would like to stay here for the foreseeable future. However, it will take him until after friday to even talk to the MD about a rise etc, so he has to post it off before then, and then discuss my rise etc with the MD which is aweful

15. Qs

Congrats :) Sounds good.

Qs

16. westernkings

I need some advice guys.

My manager is understandably pissed about someone asking for references when I haven't even been offered a job yet (effectively asking him to help someone steal his staff) however, what is the legal status there? if he doesn't sign it I cant have the interview, but he wont sign it unless I have been offered a place or he is obliged too) It is a bit more than a reference, how well I work with Children etc, a proper 4 page school reference asking really detailed stuff. I am really worried about it, obviously this could be a real major step up the ladder for me, 1st line on 10k to 1 of only 2 IT people in the school on Circa 18k.

What can I do? arrrgh

17. Qs

Tell him to stop being a jackass and to fill in the form.

The school aren't stealing staff, you're wanting to leave for a better job which is perfectly understandable.

Obviously use a more polite tone :p

If he totally refuses to sign it then contact the school, explain the situation and you'll probably find they will advise accordingly (get someone else to fill it out for instance).

Qs

18. westernkings

haha,

I can't do that, because the truth is, the situation is a bit more complex than that, my appraisal is in a month or so, upon which he will argue a pay rise, however this job is a month before my appraisal, he is obviously not going to let me jump ship when if I wait a month he could argue better pay to make me stay (which I would, i really like it here) the only factor is pay and distance, not because i'm unhappy.

Has anyoen got experience of working in a high school. I am actually really worried, 19 and this is my first job, first appraisal, first time in this whole situation really.

19. Qs

Then speak to your boss about why you want to leave (more money). It could be that in your appraisal he won't give you a pay-rise you know.

A better gauge would be to know what your work colleauges are getting paid for a similar job to the one you're doing now.

Remember that going from 10k to 18k is a big, big jump. Do you really expect your current employer to up it that much? I doubt it.

As I say, this is all subjective. Just explain to your boss. If he deparately wants you to stay after you've explained then ask for confirmation of a payrise in writing, else sod them off and go work at the school. :p

My two cents.

Qs

20. westernkings

I would accept a slightly lower salary to stay here because I enjoy it here, in many ways the perfect employer (just lower pay, but thats the price you pay to get a foot in :) )

Thats it, he cant move the appraisal forward because its set in stone by the MD, of course by the time that comes around, I will have probably missed out on this school job through waiting. It's catch 22. Will have to have a think.