MCDST

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by pat_wayne, Mar 7, 2008.

1. pat_wayne

pat_wayne New Member

Hi Im just starting my MCDST course with ICS has anybody trained with them any help or advice would be appreciated. I currently work in the automotive industry and hope this will get me started in IT.

2. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

Hi there, just wondering how you were getting on with ICS? What is their course material like? Had a look at their web site, their prices seem failry competitive but it say very little about what you actually get for your money!?

Certifications: none yet!
    WIP: A+
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sorry but I don't think there's anyone here doing anything with them at the moment. You might want to check out the article section and read the guide to self study.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck with the MCDST, how much IT experience do you have?

It may be wise to do the A+ and N+ before the MCDST as they will both give you a good grounding before starting the MCDST course and if you plan to do the MCSA in the future the A+ and N+ will count as electives towards it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Im currently doing a course with the NITLC (National IT Learning Centre)..........to be honset their material is pretty good and you get 12 hour a day Tutor help also and a chance to go on workshops. Mind you it costs a pretty penny for the pleasure!!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing