mcdst with computeach

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DAVID ARROWSMITH, Jun 11, 2008.

1. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

it is very frustrating at the moment. gained a plus with computeach then went onto mcdst exam 70-271. been studying for 12 months and have read ms press books, sybex book and exam cram book. have now taken 2 online exams with computeach and have still only gained 54% and 66% but need to reach 90% before getting an invite into computeach before taking proper exam. they are trying to help me fair enough but it seems that i have to go onto the technet website to get the answers.

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep, that'd be frustrating, having someone tell you when you can take a test and when you cannot.

Me, I just schedule a test when I think I'm ready... not when someone who doesn't know me says I'm ready.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If I were you I'd **** them off, get some quality practice exams like transcender or Boson (if they do MCDST yet) take the practice tests and if you pass book the exams for real.

Are you paying computeach by the month or something? they'll probably be trying to get as much cash from you as possible, all these training companies are a rip off and havent got a clue.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. disarm

disarm Byte Poster

It sounds similar to a dodgy driving instructor, saying it's pupils aren't ready to take their test.

That's up to you to decide, not an exam simulation program.

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

None available from Boson for the MCDST yet, but thank you for the props, my friend.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well I know from what I've seen on here, and the small look I have had of your book that I know that your exams should be good.

Once I get a copy of Vista I'll go through your book properly.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Do you think you are ready to take the real exam mate? If so then just go for it :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs