MCDST Upgrade Study Group

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by zimbo, Jul 2, 2007.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

How many people are studying or have studied for 70-621? Has anyone taken this exam yet? What books you using/used?

Too MANY questions!!! 8) Time to get back in the cert race me thinks! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I have it booked for the 23rd of July.

I've been using The sybex 70-620 book, the exam requirements page of the MS site, and a copy of Vista Business running in a Virtual Machine.

Study for this one has been slow for me, preparing for a new job, trying to finish up in my current one, a course scheduled for new week for my new job, life, etc. I think that I'll be lucky to pass it, but since I got 40% off the cost I figured its worth a try.

8)

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

We not the only ones are we?? :blink Simon how does the book rate against 621 objectives?

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's got a little over half of them... the 70-620 half. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

im making the first step.. found this earlier in the afternoon before i went to work - its something that isnt covered that well in 620 books for the 621 exam as image deployment is a must for that exam.

Windows Vista Deployment Step by Step Guide

PS if you got anymore stuff related to this exam please post links to it.. it saves the rest of us time having to dig stuff up! 8)

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'll ask Josh if he covered a little of that stuff in Chapter 2 of our book... that said, it IS a 70-622 topic...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

I know its a 622 topic aswell as appearing in the 621 exam - thats why i created this thread so we can all put our notes together...

8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

right im setting up my lab after doing a bit of reading... so anyone got any ideas as to what ill need? As far as i know ill need to know how to deploy an image so im looking at atleast 2 servers (one PDC and another file to hold the image), a client pc already running vista and then another client to apply the image - sound right anyone? :rolleyes: