1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCDST upgrade and MCAS

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by OliAdams, Mar 28, 2010.

1. OliAdams

OliAdams New Member

Hi Guys,

I want to upgrade my MCDST and i am also studying for the first MCAS exam the vista one, is there one exam i can take which will cover both of these? Would be a shame to pay for basically two identical exams.

Thanks in advance
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Surely this info can be found on the MS site?
    Certifications: MCSA , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP 2008 Ent Admin, Server Admin, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, CCNA & VCP5
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

If there was only 1 exam, then there would be only 1 exam. The MCDST is a professional credential made up of two exams. The MCAS exam is a business class (power user) certification which is using the OS, rather than supporting it (which the MCDST covers).

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. Jonny70

Jonny70 Bit Poster

For MCDST you must take 70-271 and 70-272
    For MCAS you must take 77-600.

If you are interested in a MCITP and MCTS (Vista configuration) you can take one exam after you have the MCDST and upgrade and get both the MCITP and MCTS by passing 70-621.

I'm not sure what your goals are, or what you are trying to achieve on a macro level. Let me know if you have any further questions.