MCDST to be axed?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by J.Hinds, Nov 29, 2010.

1. J.Hinds

J.Hinds Nibble Poster

I've heard that the MCDST is going to be axed in the new year, does anyone know if there is any truth to this? If so could anyone recommend an alternative cert for a begginer, as I want to get something else under my belt that isn't N+.

However I do eventually want to work with networks and sensors.

Any advise?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: MCSA (Server)
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It is indeed.
    We like to say 'retired'. It sounds all together more peaceful and dignified.

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The last day you can sit the MCDST exams will be on the 31st of March 2011. The replacement exams would be one track of the following:

MCITP: Consumer Support Technician (Vista)
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician (Vista)
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 (Windows 7)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just a note, for those who are considering going after the MCDST: just because an exam is retired doesn't mean that the certification you have worked hard to achieve will also be retired. If you get the MCDST before March 31, 2011, you will remain an MCDST for life.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. J.Hinds

J.Hinds Nibble Poster

Thanks for the info guys, think I am going to persue it and certify as soon as possible :p

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: MCSA (Server)