mcdst study length

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by hnd, Jul 19, 2007.

1. hnd

hnd New Member

Hi i don't know if this has been posted already but for people who have done the mcdst how long has it taken them to study. Much appreciated for any feedback.

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

depends on person taking it, how much they already know, how much hands-on experience they have, their study technique, the materials used... it varies per person

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i did mine in 3 months if i remember correctly then took the exams a week apart. Most of it was previous knowledge but for someone new to MS exams and certs it will take longer!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Everyone else says it "How long is a piece of string?" You study at what pace is comfortable for you, because someone has done it in X amount of months, doesn't mean you have to bust a gut to try and match that person.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Or beat them... :twisted:

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Like what Wizard says it depends on your pace of study, also its not a race and just gaining a qualification does not mean your gonna get a job out of it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

unfortunatly there is no definative helpful answer, it all depends as everyone else has said on your learning style, previous experience, learning materials etc etc. Perhaps this is something that should be pinned in the forum as it does get asked alot. Perhaps as the MCDST is a first stop to greater things people think of the learning as a type of course that should only take x amount of time or thereabouts?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  8. hnd

hnd New Member

Ok thanks for the advise guys.much appreciated