MCDST- MCTS - MCITP

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by jamessimo, May 22, 2008.

1. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

HI All

wanting to take 70-621 to upgrade my mcdst, Realise now that I have to use 70-620 & 70-622 learning materials. I use a favourite sims company they dont have any sims for these exams.

I would like some info from people on this exam is there any similarities to the 70-271 & 272

I am aware that that xp and vista are 2 diffrent operating systems,

I do need to dig a bit more deeper on vista and learn the ropes, But I hear that Vista is like xp with a few more mod cons

Can any one help much would be appreciated :ohmy

James

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I dunno... I found 621 to be different from 271 and 272.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

I found this 621 very hard, I'm sure it's best to do 620 & 622.

I still passed but only just:eek: so unless you are super confident I would take it easy & split it up!

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

IMO, no not only are they based on 2 different types of technology (the technology between Vista & XP are so different that MS is calling XP a legacy OS now), but the exam format & program (MCP vs MCTS) are different.

The only similarity that I could see is that the 70-271 & 70-272 and the 70-620 & 70-622 (inc the 70-621) are exams for client OS's.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

If you split them up does it still count as an MCDST upgrade?
    Or do you have to do the 620 and 623 as a totally seperate cert?

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No it doesn't, as if you do the 70-620 & 70-622 that fulfils the MCTS: Vista and the MCITP: EST requirements and you get the certs. You do not need to have the MCDST.

The 70-620 & the 70-623 does not follow the MCDST track upgrade, those 2 exams together make up the MCITP: Consumer Support Technician. In order to follow the business/enterprise route you would also have to take the 70-622 exam.

Hope that helps.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Thank you good sir.
    So it looks like the 621 is pretty tough, probably since there's no dedicated book for it yet.
    I imagine when there is it won't be as difficult.

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680