1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCDST- MCTS - MCITP

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by jamessimo, May 22, 2008.

1. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

HI All

wanting to take 70-621 to upgrade my mcdst, Realise now that I have to use 70-620 & 70-622 learning materials. I use a favourite sims company they dont have any sims for these exams.

I would like some info from people on this exam is there any similarities to the 70-271 & 272

I am aware that that xp and vista are 2 diffrent operating systems,

I do need to dig a bit more deeper on vista and learn the ropes, But I hear that Vista is like xp with a few more mod cons

Can any one help much would be appreciated :ohmy

James

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I dunno... I found 621 to be different from 271 and 272.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

I found this 621 very hard, I'm sure it's best to do 620 & 622.

I still passed but only just:eek: so unless you are super confident I would take it easy & split it up!

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  4. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

IMO, no not only are they based on 2 different types of technology (the technology between Vista & XP are so different that MS is calling XP a legacy OS now), but the exam format & program (MCP vs MCTS) are different.

The only similarity that I could see is that the 70-271 & 70-272 and the 70-620 & 70-622 (inc the 70-621) are exams for client OS's.

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  5. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

If you split them up does it still count as an MCDST upgrade?
    Or do you have to do the 620 and 623 as a totally seperate cert?

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  6. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

No it doesn't, as if you do the 70-620 & 70-622 that fulfils the MCTS: Vista and the MCITP: EST requirements and you get the certs. You do not need to have the MCDST.

The 70-620 & the 70-623 does not follow the MCDST track upgrade, those 2 exams together make up the MCITP: Consumer Support Technician. In order to follow the business/enterprise route you would also have to take the 70-622 exam.

Hope that helps.

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  7. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Thank you good sir.
    So it looks like the 621 is pretty tough, probably since there's no dedicated book for it yet.
    I imagine when there is it won't be as difficult.

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680