MCDST Exam Center

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi All,

I hope I find you well at this festive time of year :biggrin

After 15 years in the Video Games industry as a QA Manager I'm looking at a change of career. I have signed up to my local college for the ECDL and start in Feb. However, with time to kill (I was made redundant in November) I have been looking at some other exams and the MCDST really interests me.

I am looking to buy two books (one for each exam) from Amazon and do a Self Study. The only problem I have is that I cannot locate any exam centers in London / Essex. I dont want to start doing the work only to find I cant take the exam(s). Can anyone advise re the Test Center's and are their any particular books I will require?

Many Thanks,

Ron

2. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi Ron,

Firstly, you can book Microsoft exams through Prometric, either online or over the phone. There are loads of test centres in London.

Regarding books, you have the choice of the MS press books for the 271 & 272 or I know others on this forum have used the sybex books.

Have you thought about the CompTIA A+ at all? This may also be something worth looking at.

Good luck

3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Many Thanks Crazy Horse.

I have just had the 271 book delivered from Amazon so I will get through that then take the Exam. Once I've that one completed I will order 272.

I start the ECDL in February at the local college so will keep you updated. Is the CompTIA A+ a good level of certification?

Many Thanks,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009