MCDST - Discount exam vouchers or second shot needed for uk

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by j1mgg, May 19, 2011.

1. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

Hi Guys,

Not been on for a while as I have started a new job and then 6 weeks into have been called up for jury duty along with loads of DIY in the flat.

Anyway I am still planning to get my mcdst before it retires and have got to the stage where I should be looking to book the exams.

I am looking for discounted vouchers or ones with second shot chances. Just trying to cover all bases and dont on intending needing the second shots but would prefer to back to be there.

I have had a look on ebay and noticed there are some uk ones for roughly £70 each for single exams, but I cant see international second shots on gracetech only ones for america.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Microsoft themselves are currently offering exam packs.

Discounts on Certification Exams l Microsoft Product Training Offers l Classroom Training Offer

Buying a 2-pack will give you a 15% discount AND it comes with a free '2nd shot' if you fail.
    The only down-side is that you can't schedule the 2nd exam until you've taken/passed the 1st.

HTH :)

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

Prometric Services: Testing and Assessment

good offer, but as far as I understand it, you need to pass your first exam to book the next one:( was thinking of doing both MCDST exams on the same day, probably will have to pay the full price...

4. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Yeah, I have booked mine for the same day (as I contract, I lose too much money by taking days off that are not needed).
    I already had one voucher, so I used that for the 271 and purchased a 2-exam pack, using one for the 272 on the same day and keeping the other just in case I need to retake 271. If I do pass both (fingers crossed) I will be using the other one for either a Vista or Win7 course (not sure which yet) - does need to be used by Dec 31st though...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
  5. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

thanks RichyV, didn't know the second one would be valid till the end of the year... so I've booked them both for 16th July, one full price one with the voucher. I'd better get on with studying:eek:

6. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

No worries, but if you're talking about 271/272, I presume you mean 16th June - even less time! :eek:
    I'm beginning to panic now too - just over 2 weeks to go..............

Last edited: May 19, 2011