MCDST Content Omitted

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by ClassicD, Feb 21, 2011.

1. ClassicD

ClassicD Nibble Poster

Hi guys

Now doing my MCDST i notice that there is a lot of information regarding TCP/IP, file location etc, just alot of general stuff which i have convered in my A+ and N+ or from actually using the operating system for a number of years.

After doing the A+ and N+ and experience i feel that some of this can be passed over, has anyone else done this or am i just best giving the chapters a once over, take small notes etc where required?

Cheers
    ClassicD

Certifications: Diploma:IT, A+, N+, MCTS:70-680
    WIP: CCENT
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I would suggest scanning the chapters if nothing more. If they cover material you already have knowledge on, then no harm done. But you may find things you have forgotten, or some additional material not included before. There is always a chance, too, that it explains a concept in a way that changes your understanding of it.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. ClassicD

ClassicD Nibble Poster

Sure enough fergal, Im just gonna scan through some chapters, i would usually go through them in detail, but for the fact of other certs knowledge and time constraints, taking small notes will be best.

Thanks

Certifications: Diploma:IT, A+, N+, MCTS:70-680
    WIP: CCENT