MCDST advice

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by WIT1000, Feb 21, 2009.

1. WIT1000

WIT1000 Bit Poster

Hey people...

Can anybody help me?....i am sitting my 70-271 exam next week and i am currently using ms press books and the free exam prep from microsoft learning, also video tutorials from vtc.......but i was just wondering if you can get any virtual lab experience or is there none for this course?......not sure if i read it somewhere on here or not?:dunce......cheers

Certifications: 70-271 mcp
    WIP: MCDST
  2. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

You can do lab work using the microsoft books,did you buy the wrong books or something,mine has around 30 hours of labs.

I used virtual pc and had a few installations of windows xp running at the same time and spent all the time doing labs,i barely studied anything else for the exam,just did the labs and used video nuggets.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  3. WIT1000

WIT1000 Bit Poster

Hey, sorry the ms prep books have not actually arrived yet and just wondered if there was any online stuff i could use as i dont want to waste the weekend!

4. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

Is it this book you bought?http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCDST-Self-Paced-Training-70-271-Pro-Certification/dp/0735622272

I am going to use the 272 version of that one for the next exam,there seems to be a few labs here and there in it,but not as good as the book i was using which had nothing but labs.No one seems to sell the lab book that i was given at college.

I didn't bother with the practice exams.i gave up doing those long before the exam as i got bored reading the questions.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Most free online stuff will be crap or illegal why not if you haven't already done so download virtual pc?

Then you could download a trial version of server 2003 and configure it. When you get your two MS press books you will be able to install both trial versions onto the virtual pc and use win2k3 and network everything together :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You mean like this from Microsoft (MCDST clinic) & this from Cramsession (exam cram guides)?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. WIT1000

WIT1000 Bit Poster

hey yes del_port thats the book i have brought......and thats also the clinic i have been looking at wagnerk seems basic but thats defo a plus side for me:D

8. WIT1000

WIT1000 Bit Poster

Just downloaded the cram session mcdst files so will check it out....thanx ken!

9. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Yes i think that is what he meant

but the technet virtual labs , i looked and i cant see any for mcdst xp , just vista

the MS courses (the current free offer) demonstrations seems to refer to one, but i can find it.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots