McDonald's to serve Wi-Fi with burgers

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Jan 7, 2004.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

[​IMG]<font size="3">McDonald's to serve Wi-Fi with burgers</font>

BT has announced a deal with McDonald's for the fast-food chain to offer wireless Internet access at its restaurants throughout the UK . BT Group will announce on Wednesday an alliance with McDonald's to equip the fast-food restaurant chain with high-speed wireless, or Wi-Fi, Internet access throughout the United Kingdom. Over the past 18 months, Britain's dominant telecoms carrier has been aggressively rolling out so-called public "Wi-Fi hotspots'', where laptop-toting computer users pay to access the Internet from the likes of restaurants, pubs and train stations.

Full Story: zdnet.co.uk

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Nelix
      Nelix
      Sounds like a good thing but the only thing that would make it better is the part where it says that users pay for the internet access, I have already paid to use the internet (a 1meg connection at home) I would like to see it where I could use the internet and not get charged for it when I am away from home, it should be included in my home package.
    2. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      I heard about this weeks ago. Must have hit the American media first. "Will that be 802.11b or 802.11g with your burger?"
    3. Sandy
      Sandy
      Lets hope it tastes better than a Big Mac :eek:
    4. Nelix
      Nelix
      Other that the Big Breakfast bun, a Big Mac is the best tasteing thing that they do
    5. Phil
      Phil
      Nooooooo it's got to be the Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin.... I'm sat here doing my droolling Homer impression :) mmmmmmmmm mcmuffin
    6. Nelix
      Nelix
      Big Breakfast Bun
    7. Sandy
      Sandy
      I am with Phil - a Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin is the ONLY think I will eat their.