1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McDonald's to serve Wi-Fi with burgers

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Jan 7, 2004.

1. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

[​IMG]<font size="3">McDonald's to serve Wi-Fi with burgers</font>

BT has announced a deal with McDonald's for the fast-food chain to offer wireless Internet access at its restaurants throughout the UK . BT Group will announce on Wednesday an alliance with McDonald's to equip the fast-food restaurant chain with high-speed wireless, or Wi-Fi, Internet access throughout the United Kingdom. Over the past 18 months, Britain's dominant telecoms carrier has been aggressively rolling out so-called public "Wi-Fi hotspots'', where laptop-toting computer users pay to access the Internet from the likes of restaurants, pubs and train stations.

Full Story: zdnet.co.uk
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...

1. Nelix
      Sounds like a good thing but the only thing that would make it better is the part where it says that users pay for the internet access, I have already paid to use the internet (a 1meg connection at home) I would like to see it where I could use the internet and not get charged for it when I am away from home, it should be included in my home package.
    2. tripwire45
      I heard about this weeks ago. Must have hit the American media first. "Will that be 802.11b or 802.11g with your burger?"
    3. Sandy
      Lets hope it tastes better than a Big Mac :eek:
    4. Nelix
      Other that the Big Breakfast bun, a Big Mac is the best tasteing thing that they do
    5. Phil
      Nooooooo it's got to be the Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin.... I'm sat here doing my droolling Homer impression :) mmmmmmmmm mcmuffin
    6. Nelix
      Big Breakfast Bun
    7. Sandy
      I am with Phil - a Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin is the ONLY think I will eat their.