MCAD VB.NET

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Mark Spooner, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Mark Spooner

Mark Spooner New Member

Hi, Iam currently studying vb.net (MCAD with NITLC) and would like to contact anyone else who is also trying to get their head round it??

Certifications: ACITP VB6, OCR 103, OCR 102
    WIP: MCAD VB.NET
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Hi Mark, welcome to Certforums.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. Mark Spooner

Mark Spooner New Member

Hi Phil,
    Are you looking at VB.NET? if so how are you finding it, if not what is your field?

Certifications: ACITP VB6, OCR 103, OCR 102
    WIP: MCAD VB.NET
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi from me too, Mark. Can't say it's an area I'm familiar in, but I'm glad you looked in, and maybe someone will still come up with an answer ...:D

Have you popped into our Programming, Scripting and Web Design board yet ? Might be something in there of use to you...

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Aardvark

Aardvark Bit Poster

Mark - I'm new here and have started looking through old threads. How are you doing? Are you still here or on the course forum? I'm considering C# or VB.net with NITLC and would be interested to hear how its going.

6. Talfwr

Talfwr Bit Poster

I'm currently doing my MCSD with NITLC. I'm now on the Microsoft Excel/Access and Word part of the course. It's kinda tediouse to go through stuff I've all ready done yet the plus side is I've learnt a couple of things I didn't know. :rolleyes:

For me the course is going ok, I've not needed to contact the Tutors yet but I wouldn't mind a little e-mail from them asking how I'm doing, not pressure just a little check up from time to time. :rolleyes:

Mark, did the tutors contact you through any of your Stages?

WIP: MCSD
  7. Aardvark

Aardvark Bit Poster

Talfwr - what's the course material like - not the MS books, but the actual NITLC produced stuff? How substantial is it?

8. Talfwr

Talfwr Bit Poster

Ardvark,

The books are pretty sustancial, they cover a lot of the basics. Sometimes what there asking you to do isn't clear but with a pause and another glance you can distinguish what they require you to do.

As I said I'm only on stage 2 and most of it is stuff I all ready know, the stuff I don't know I'm just happy that I can learn it nice and easy.

The books aren't condesending and they wouldn't baffle even a begginer. In my oppinion they have a nice balance to them. (despite being large and chunky :biggrin )

Hope this helps

9. Aardvark

Aardvark Bit Poster

Thanks. I'm edging ever closer to signing up for the MCAD....

10. Talfwr

Talfwr Bit Poster

I learn't about this afterwards, :dry

They have a thing called Learning 4 Life, basicly you have unlimited access to all their resources on everything they have. You can set your self up to Learn the MCAD, whilst studying with A+ as well.

If only I had heard about that before I signed up for the MCSD :blink , I could have done some javascript.
    Looks like I will have to buy the books and learn it myself. :rolleyes:

Not so bad really :biggrin

11. Aardvark

Aardvark Bit Poster

Learning 4 life looks good if you have the time - are you studying full time or do you have a job? My current job (career) is ending soon and I want to change over as quickly as poss, so am going full-time with the MCAD. I figured once I get to know how everything works then I can self-study for other certs at a later date if I need to.

12. Talfwr

Talfwr Bit Poster

Aardvark,

I am currently working full time for a utillities company as a sales analyst, studying trends and analising data (basicly putting my IT skills to work) and have found that the recommended 6hours a week by NITLC is easily met. Stage 1 of the course material took me less than a week to complete, I learnt a few things about the t'internet that I never knew before.

If your going to do the MCAD instead of the learning for life why not ask the 'Sales' person that when you achieve the MCAD qualification you may want to continue on to do the MCSD.

If you do enroll with NITLC, you'll probably catch up quick and I will probably need a study buddy come the Programming. :rolleyes: (I do not have decent knowlage of programming. Put a script infront of me and I can figure out how it works, probably. :rolleyes: )

13. Kes123

Kes123 Banned

Ive read on another forum, they have around 4000 students.
    Before you sign with them, ask them as a percentage to students enrolling. How many students complete there training and go on to get jobs

14. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

What forum is that then?

How many Under-Graduate students complete their degrees and go on to get jobs??? It is down to the individual to complete the course and go on to get a job, NOT THE TRAINING PROVIDER! If you swallowed the "a job is waiting for you" bull then more fool you! It's not just NITLC and Computeach that use these tactics, it is also every University/College etc in the land too!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I have to agree with drum dude, kes. You could say that about any university, private school, law school, medical school, auto mechanics school, whatever. Please refrain from pointing only "slam dunks" against a particular provider. If you have any constructive comments to make, questions about your studies, or similar topics, we'd love to hear them.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  16. Aardvark

Aardvark Bit Poster

Talfwr - study buddying sounds like a good idea. It's good to talk! I'll let you know how I progress through the intro stuff. We may hit the programming at the same time with any luck.

Do they still sell those wonderful chicken tikka nan kebabs in Rusholme?? Happy days.

17. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I've just got my MCAD and am working on my MCSD.
    VB.NET is actually OK. Pretty easy to learn.
    305, 306 and 310 pretty much repeat themselves in several areas, so it gets easier as you go along.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  18. Talfwr

Talfwr Bit Poster

Aardvark,

Yeah they still do those nice kebabs :p always a pleasure to have on the way to a friends house. If you have a hunger; fill it in the curry mile.

I've put my training on hold for a week. (Will catch up at the weekend though) I do think that the only downside of distance learning is the fact that no one has checked up on me and my progress. I suppose I have to stay true to the reason why I'm doing this; fun fun fun fun fun.

I'll chat to you soon man,

Tal

19. Aardvark

Aardvark Bit Poster

Talfwr - A bit off topic, but I have finally come close to recreating those 'babs at home. The onions, chilli and yoghurt sauces are perfected, just the tikka to go!! Roll on the summer and all those barbies....

Anyway, I have signed on the dotted line and await the course material. Glad they have this MCAD/MCSD section now, speak soon (also maybe on the studentnet, but seems a bit quiet?)

20. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Did you get a choice of modules when you started your MCAD?
    I've been working towards my MCSD and didn't realise the 305, 306 and 310 made an MCAD until I got the email from Microsoft.
    305 and 306 are core, but it looks like you can use them as an elective too, which is odd.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD