MCAD renewal

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by kan, Jan 19, 2007.

1. kan

kan New Member

hello,
    I am planning to give my first MCAD (70-316) exam in mid February. Just wanted to know, how will i know when is Microsoft going to renew its existing MCAD exam?
    Currenly MCAD is based on .NET Framework 1.0/1.1 .I have already purchased Amit Kalani's books for the my first exam and its really costly! So in order to reduce my tension i wanted to confirm that MS is still going to continue its current MCAD for atleast coming 6 months, so in the mean time i will be able to complete all the 3 exams.
    MS site also states that it will announce any renewal plans in june every year. So has it announced any renewal plans for MCAD last year?
    I really hope my decision of going for MCAD instead of new (i exactly don't know the name of that exam)Cert based on .NET Framework 2.0 with VS2005 was right!:rolleyes:

WIP: MCSD
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

I dont know much about this subject so ill bump you topic for you... what i do know is microsoft did say if you are starting out a developers certification they recommend you start the new certifications they offering using Visual Studio 2005...

i think a good place to read would be here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/default.mspx

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

There are currently no plans to drop MCAD.

The new MCPD exams which cover NET2.0 and the 2005 VS family are already available.

You can upgrade from MCAD to the new certs if you wish by taking an additional exam afterwards.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. kan

kan New Member

thanks guys for ur replies!
    This has cooled me down for sure.

WIP: MCSD