MCAD/MCSD

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by MissDiane, Oct 18, 2004.

1. MissDiane

MissDiane New Member

Hi
    Anyone out there doing the MCAD/MCSD. If so, who're you doing it with or are you just doing it yourself?

Considering signing up with NITLC - heard only good reports about them. Would appreciate anyone else's opinions (re course or NITLC).
    Cheers
    MissDiane

2. GM013

GM013 New Member

I signed up and paid a fortune to do an MCSD and personally have found the support rubbish. They have one VB.Net tutor and send you a two books for Vb.Net and have you do a project but the tutor's feedback was very abrupt at times and some of the things as a requirement contradicted each other. to prepare for the exam they say just go through the book and do the example tests. So you would be pretty much better of buying the Microsoft books an just paying for the tests at alocal test centre.

Just my opinon!

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Can't speak about NITLC as I've never had anything to do with them.
    I'm studying my MCSD and have just got my MCAD en-route.
    I've had excellent support from my training provider. My tutor seems to have just about every MCP ever and has been very helpful. At the end of the day there has always been a flexible approach to training, and if I've ever had a request, the response has always been 'OK, we'll put something on the website for you'. And it happens...
    Can't fault it.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. atkinsoncj

atkinsoncj New Member

I was thinking about starting this course and was wondering what training provider you are with.

5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

IT Skills. If you've got any questions about them feel free to PM me as some people get upset if I say nice things about them in public...
    If you are undecided on MCAD or MCSD have a look at the Microsoft site. Go to certifications and have a look at the criteria for both. The 'compare MCAD to MCSD' link is good. If you pick your modules right you will get an MCAD on the way to getting an MCSD. Good luck.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

Some good advice there JonnyMX. Youll probably find most Training companys offer the same training package. The price will differ but some will include the software some wont. Another thing to look at is there exam policy, do you get free re-sits, does the course include all exam fees.......

And finally some of them require you to sit there exams at there centers, so if transport is an issue try to find one close to home.

Im doing mine with Computeach and have to travel down to Dudly to sit my exams and for the in center days.

Stu_C

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD
  7. MuddyFox

MuddyFox Bit Poster

I've looked around at the providers, and I've decided to give it a go on my own using the Microsoft Press Self Paced Study Kits.

A much cheaper option, but without the support...

Certifications: Certified Web Developer
    WIP: MCAD, MCSD
  8. Pootini

Pootini New Member

Stu,

What do you think of Computeach? What is the course material / support like?

I can't make my mind up between NITLC and Computeach. I know there is loads of negative stuff about them but I am not one to necessarily believe what is said.

If you had to start again would you still pick Computeach?

WIP: MCSD
  9. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

If i were to pick a training provider again would i choose Ct? Hmmm...

Definetly, Though some of the material reguarding certain parts of the course are a bit vague, The in house days give you the chance to ask the Tutor directly and it is explained in an easy to understand way.

Also you can email them for more information on any given subject, and they run a chat service where you can chat with the Tutor.

At the moment im halfway through my course which is a 2 year course and have been looking at some of the other courses to compliment what i am already learning.

Stu_C

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD