MCAD Elective exam

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by dvmurray, Oct 16, 2008.

1. dvmurray

dvmurray New Member

Hi,

Having read some of the posts on this forum it seems everyone is very knowledgable of the Microsoft Certifications, so if possible I would like some advise on what I path should take to achieve the MCPD.

My current status is I have passed my core exams for the MCAD and now require to pass an elective exam. Initially I was going to study for the 70-330 exam but as it will be retired in 2009 I'm leaning towards 70-431 as its based on the 2.0 framework, do you think this is a good idea and is it an elective exam for the MCAD? My certification planner shows it is but on the MS website its not http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-431.aspx

Once I have obtained my MCAD I initially planned to take the 70-552 upgrade exam to acquire the MCPD. However I read on a blog linking from the MCP website recommending to upgrade to the MCTS before the MCPD? Bascially it stated the upgrade to MCPD exam pass rate is low and the favourable route would be to take the 70-558 and upgrade to MCTS then take the 70-552 exam and gain the MCPD. Has anyone followed this route and is the 70-552 exam as hard as its made out?

Many thanks,
    David