may be made redundant soon any advice ??

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by kieran18, Feb 9, 2006.

1. kieran18

kieran18 Bit Poster

i am working at the moment repairing hp / compaq laptops.. weve lost the contract now so soon there will be job losses. i need something to get me by while im doing my mcse course can anyone help me ?? btw im in the manchester area

Certifications: ncfe
    WIP: mcse
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

You say that you are doing an MCSE course, have you thought that this could take many years?

What you need to do is be looking for entry level positions in your area that will help you to progress. Don't think of jobs as simply something to get you by whilst you're doing X, look at them as opportunities on which to further build your skills. Think long term.

With prior experience you should be able to find something in your area through local newspapers job sections, or via the many Internet job sites.

8)

3. jellybelly1979

jellybelly1979 New Member

When I got laid off last year from a large insurance company in Manchester( with a large tower as an HQ), I put my cv on www.jobsite.co.uk, Made it searchable by agencies and recruitment consultants. Ihad 3 interviews within weeks. I eventually got sorted out with a good job, but be warned, you will get inundated with phone calls.

If you are in need of cash, you could always say you would do 1st line contract work, got a mate who works in IT recruiment. he says that if needed he could get someone a job and starting the day after on £10 an hour

4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi. Sorry to hear about your potential job loss. :(
    Can't really add anything else, best of luck with job hunting.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT