Matrix Online

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by JazzyJay, Jun 3, 2005.

1. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Bit Poster

Has anyone played this game yet?
    Not sure whether to get it or not as you have to pay £9 a month subscription fee which I think is a bit bad just to play a multiplayer game aswell as purchasing the game in the first place.
    Been reading some reviews on Amazon and Kelkoo etc and alot of mixed reviews. People complained of severe lag, difficult combat system and others have said its easy to play with no lag at all?
    Cant even rent it as id still have to to subscribe monthy! :rolleyes:

"I can only show you the door Neo, It is you that has to walk through it!"

Certifications: CompTIA A+, OCR Level 2
    WIP: Network+, 70-270
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I dont really recommend these type of games to anyone that hasnt already played them, or is willing to accept the type of game they are and deal with it

a MMORPG is not like normal games in many ways, its an ongoing and persistent state, that changes many times over the course of its lifetime
    for instance a patch could change the entire way a class is played, causing confusion (or happyness lol)
    a patch could add an entire new continent to play on, or new races to play as
    these games are ongoing worlds, hence the subscription, they are not just 'games' more like, club memberships really, you will interact with thousands of other players, many of whom will be nice, but many who's sole aim is to just piss others off

patches can introduce bugs as well as fix them, they can nerf entire classes, or cause unbearable lag

this is the nature of an MMORPG,
    didnt really like matrix online much, but i played iit in beta so it may of improved

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

if you're a fan of the matrix films like me I would say get it. I bought about 3 weeks ago and have enjoyed every second I have played it and its just great. you make your own character do a few missions build up your status and you could end up like Neo (be able to change things in the Matrix), it s quite funny when you see other people's characters aswell...but I say go for it mate...you wont be disappointed...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  4. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Bit Poster

Thanks for your input guys, I suppose it just boils down to your own personal taste but I am a big fan of the Matrix franchise.
    People were moaning about "Enter the Matrix" on PS2 but I thought it was blinding fun.
    My brother in law has told me today that he's gonna buy it so im gonna be cheeky and let him pay for it especially as he's a web designer on 27k a year the sod!
    Hopefully I might get my sweaty hands on it over the weekend.
    Failing that I might just wait for the Matrix The path of Neo to come out, That looks the nuts! 8)

5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I never even that was being done? will have to check it out too...:D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  6. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Bit Poster

Yeah it does look good,
    The screenshots I saw from the E3 show looked good! 8)