1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Materials used to study 70 680

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by thenoble06, Mar 30, 2011.

1. thenoble06

thenoble06 Bit Poster

Hello,

We are moving to Windows 7 at my place of work, and so I need to prepare for the migration. I've decided on the 70 680 course, and I always learn best with self study.

However a quick look on Amazon and it seems all the training material available for this is exam is incomplete or plain wrong!

Anyone who has passed the exam - what did you use to learn the topics?

Any guidance would be cool

Ta
    A

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I used the MSPress book (it was OK but hardly covered any basics and didn't really go deep enough) and had a look a the sybex book (don't bother).
    None of these prepared me for the exam.
    I was lucky enough to get chosen to test the Boson 70-680 exams. These were the eye-openers.
    In short, you're pretty much on your own as far as study materials go. The MSPress book is the best of a bad bunch I think. That plus some experience helped me scrape through.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. thenoble06

thenoble06 Bit Poster

Eck!

Guess I'll see if my employer will pay for some CBT (Nuggets or TrainSignal) training then. And maybe I'll have a look at the Boson stuff as well.

Cheers for the heads up.

4. thenoble06

thenoble06 Bit Poster

5. thenoble06

thenoble06 Bit Poster

I've gone ahead and bought this book, so I'll let you know my opinions when I've read it :)

6. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I hope it's good I just bought it on the kindle!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  7. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Dont like advertising other sites but this one is used by other CF members or so i believe

http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/42480-70-680-resources.html

This page links to lots of resources

TBH i found the cbt nuggets for this exam to be poor, while i like James (the trainer) and think he is a very good trainer, on this occasion too much time was wasted on bloomin photos, the 70-685 cbt nugget is much more professional and staright to the point

Also read the MS book, and luckily im in charge of a Windows 7 deployment at work so that was a bonus

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  8. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster

haha yeah every 5 minutes he was showing off photos he had taken was very annoying!

Certifications: A few.
  9. livingwater

livingwater Bit Poster

How is the book?

Certifications: A+, N+
  10. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

I only used the Microsfot Press book; it's sufficient in my view providing you have prior experience of working with the technology.

The practice questions on the CD/ROM are also very good and similar to the types of questions that you can expect to receive on the real exam.

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642